If you’re one who travels the natural and holistic path, you may be taking into consideration this approach for your dog as well. A lot of commercially available dog foods on the market are advertised and even labeled as “Feed Grade.” What exactly does this mean? It means that the government’s health department, the Food and Drug Administration, hasn’t rated these foods for human consumption. This usually means there are (sometimes heavily) processed ingredients to bulk up the food and make the easiest dollar for most pet food brands. Taking a holistic approach toward your pet’s food is basically saying, “If it’s good enough for me, it’s definitely good enough for my dog!”
What Are Some Recommendations For Human Grade Dog Food Brands?
- The Honest Kitchen Human Grade Dehydrated Whole Grain Dog Food – Complete Meal or Dog Food Topper – Turkey, 10 Pound (Pack of 1) (makes 40 lbs)
- Price as of 09/24/2023 08:42 PDT(more info about ad)
- Canidae All Life Stages Premium Dry Dog Food for All Breeds, Multi-Protein Recipe with Chicken, Turkey & Lamb Meals Recipe, 40 lbs, For All Ages & Multi-Dog Homes
- Price: $68.60 ($1.56 / lb)
- Price as of 09/24/2023 19:51 PDT(more info about ad)
If you’ve got the importance in mind of a holistic and natural diet, offering your pet human grade dog food brands will ensure he’s getting some of the best stuff on earth. If you’re changing foods up to one of our recommendations, you’ll want to make sure you slowly mix it in. Also, if you notice any allergic reactions or digestive issues, you may want to take your dog to the veterinarian for a checkup. Food that is USDA organic, or rated by the FDA for human consumption guarantees not only the best quality, but a very good benefit to health for the value.
For our doggie food tips to other issues, please check out our articles list.