keeping your pitbullconditioned and content. The pitbull is a particular breed that requires a mix of its diet. You need to know what is the
best food for pitbulls. It’s important due to a pitbulls size that he has a liberal amount of fiber and carbohydrates to aid in stability as well as digestion. It’s also important that he be fed high-grade dog foods. You’ll find that feeding a pitbull is quite like feeding any other dog, minus a few caveats as you’ll discover here.
What is the Best Dog Food for Pitbulls?
- Freeze Dried Canine Chicken Formula
- Blue Buffalo
- The Wellness CORE Original Formula
Best Raw Food: A great raw source of food free of gluten, grains, soy, and corn is Primal Freeze Dried Canine Chicken Formula. Although costing a little more than your average food, discounts could be found if purchased in bulk by the case. Many pet owners recommend having a raw source of food available and that this is among the best food for pitbulls. This is because this particular breed is primarily a flesh-eater, and having a raw source of protein in their diet is considered substantial. Having enough protein in your pitbull’s diet will ensure he hones up to his natural athletic and strengthened reputation.
What Else Could Supplement my Pitbull’s Diet?
How Food May Affect Your Pitbull
About a decade ago, scientists and researchers started linking an assortment of health related problems in canines to what they’re consuming. Some of these include bloating, while others include things like liver disease. Your dog is a lot like a human – they can get a lot of the same sicknesses that we can so it’s important to find the best dog food for pitbulls.
You’ll want to read the listed ingredients in your dog’s food, and ensure that you can pronounce or recognize what’s on the label. As said before, protein is very important to dogs in general – but particularly the pitbull due to his natural instincts and active behavior. Some of the things you’ll particularly want to look for include common meats. As a second, you’ll want to check for vegetables.
What Ingredients Make the Best Food for Pitbulls?
Choosing the right food for your pitbull can be a challenge. There are hundreds of styles or brands of dog food, each claiming to be the one your 4-legged-friend will love and, “better than the rest.” Remember: your pitbull’s health is on the line! There’s a few things in particular you’ll want to look for when hunting for the best dog food for pitbulls. These include:
• Holistic or Natural Ingredients – Some of the best foods you can find for a dog include common ingredients. You could find that frequently, some kind of meat is a first listed ingredient. You want to ensure you find wholesome and natural primary ingredients.
• Recall History – The government’s Center for Disease Control monitors closely outbreaks of bacteria contained in canine food, much how they monitor human-food processing facilities. This could happen if there might be cross contamination located in the work environment. You can reference the CDC.gov website to educate yourself more on dog food recalls.
• Consumer Reviews – It’s common that veterinarians will advocate certain food brands they have in stock. Just because their particular brand is recommended for your pitbull, don’t feel obligated that it’s the best. It’s important to see what other patrons have had to say about products. Also, it’s important to check the product reviews across multiple websites. Sometimes, even word-of-mouth among a community of pet owners could also be an invaluable source of information.
It should be noted that the best food brands available for your pitbull are not necessarily the cheapest. The better the quality, the more you’ll end up paying.
Types of Diets
One of the puzzling parts about choosing the right food for your pitbull is to know the different diets that could be found. Some pitbulls have a stomach of iron and can digest almost anything. Others have a more sensitive stomach, or have developed allergies – this might prompt you to feed a diet free of grains to your pitbull.
Let’s take another look at the diets available:
1. Natural Dry and Wet Food – The traditional canine food that should meet the expectations as mentioned above in being wholesome ingredients such as fruits, vegetables, and primarily meats.
2. The Raw Food Diet – A diet for raw food could be advertised as frozen or fresh food. This particular food should also be put away in the fridge.
3. Whole Food Cooked Diet – One of the other options to feed your pitbull is to give her whole foods you personally cook and prepare. This would give your pitbull foods which are protein rich and that even you could consume.
4. Grain Free Foods – Dog food made with grains contain nutrients that would keep your pitbull healthy. Allergies and sensitivities in pitbulls manifest through chewing their skin or fur, goopy eyes or excessive itching. If you observe these ailments, it would be wise to take your pitbull to the vet as soon. In most cases, these adverse reactions could be prevented through providing a diet free of grains.
Well, we hope you’ve found what you were looking for regarding the best dog food for pitbulls. Your dog is a part of your family. You would want to make the right choices for him just as you would for your own children. Research is very important when it comes to what goes in your dog’s stomach. Ensure consumers have given great reviews, and always remember if you decide to change foods, to gradually mix the old with the new. This will allow your pitbull’s tummy to transition at a good rate without any messes left behind for you to pick up after.
For the pet food tips for other dog breeds, please visit our Interactive Chart right here.